Military Vehicle License Plates
Thank you for your service to our country.
Disabled Veteran License Plates: DFW Airport Parking fees are waived for vehicles bearing Disabled Veteran license plates issued by the State of Texas or any other U.S. state that indicate on the face of the license plate that the owner of the vehicle is a Disabled Veteran of the United States armed forces.
Military Specialty License Plates: DFW Airport parking fees are waived for vehicles bearing any of the following military specialty license plates issued by the State of Texas:
- Airman’s Medal
- Air Medal
- Air Medal with Valor
- Bronze Star Medal
- Bronze Star Medal with Valor
- Coast Guard Medal
- Commendation Medal with Valor for each branch of the military and for joint service
- Congressional Medal of Honor
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal
- Defense Superior Service Medal
- Distinguished Flying Cross medal with Valor
- Distinguished Flying Cross
- Distinguished Service Medal
- Legion of Merit
- Legion of Valor (issued for recipients of Air Force Cross, Air Force Distinguished Service Cross, Army Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross or Medal of Honor)
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Navy and Marine Corps Medal
- Pearl Harbor Survivor
- Prisoner of War Medal
- Purple Heart
- Silver Star Medal
- Soldier’s Medal
- WWII Veteran
- Vehicles displaying dealer’s temporary tags or any cardboard or paper tags are ineligible for the waiver.
- Vehicles issued qualifying license plates, but owner has elected not to mount them.
- DFW Valet Parking is not included in the waiver program.
Steps to Receive Waiver
- Vehicle bearing the qualifying license plates must be present.
- NTTA TollTag users – TollTag for qualifying vehicle must be disabled for DFW Airport use at least 48 hours prior to travel (Contact NTTA at +1-972-818-6882).
- Driver must pull a ticket when entering through the DFW Airport plaza entry lanes.
- Park at any parking facility. DFW Airport policies stipulate a maximum of 90 days of consecutive parking.
- Drivers should exit through a manned (CASH) lane.
- The attendant will verify qualifying plates on the vehicle and waive any charges.