DFW International Airport Projects Slight Increase in Thanksgiving Holiday Travelers for 2011
New innovations to improve passenger experience for the holidays
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport is projecting a slight increase of about one percent in passengers for the 2011 Thanksgiving holiday travel period over last year. DFW anticipates that approximately 1.83 million passengers will travel through the Airport for the 13-day holiday travel period, which runs from November 17 through 29.
The busiest air travel days for the Thanksgiving travel period are the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday after Thanksgiving (November 27, 28 and 29), and the Friday before the holiday (November 18). Each of those days are projected to show more than 165,000 travelers flow through the Airport.
“At DFW we have a lot to be thankful for, in that we have just completed perhaps our best year ever for adding new air service,” said Jeff Fegan, CEO for DFW International Airport. “With nine new international destinations and the addition of service from QANTAS Airways, Virgin America and Spirit Airlines in the past year, DFW is continuing to grow and provide new opportunities for travel to the citizens of Dallas/Fort Worth.”
Passengers going to the Airport during the Thanksgiving Day travel period will be able to take advantage of a host of new initiatives and technologies available this year, as part of DFW’s continuing effort to enhance the customer experience. The new amenities include:
- Microsoft Tag technology integrated into holiday signage, enabling passengers who scan a barcode with a smartphone camera to receive a special offer from nearby concessionaires
- DFW’s Check-In Program offerings concessions discounts for passengers who “check in” via Foursquare or Facebook applications on their mobile devices
- Over 1,000 new parking spaces available in the Express North parking facility
- Eleven new interactive touch screens in Terminal D, to guide passengers to terminal concessions and service locations
- DFW Airport’s newly updated mobile web site, www.dfwairport.com/m, featuring real-time parking availability information
- Remote pre-pay system at Remote North and South Parking to allow consumers to pre-pay their parking bill and bypass the exit lines
- Paradise 4 Paws, a new full-service “premier resort” for cats and dogs, where travelers can leave and retrieve their pets on a 24x7 basis
Once again, DFW is recommending that passengers arrive at least 90 minutes prior to their flight for domestic travel, and two hours prior to international flights to allow plenty of time for arriving at the Airport, parking, check-in, security screening and finding your way to your gate.
About DFW International Airport
Located halfway between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW International Airport is the world's fourth busiest, offering nearly 1,750 flights per day and serving 57 million passengers a year. DFW provides non-stop service to 145 domestic and 47 international destinations worldwide. For five consecutive years, DFW has ranked in the top five for customer service among large airports worldwide in surveys conducted by Airports Council International. For the latest news, real-time flight information, parking availability or further details regarding the many services provided at DFW International Airport, log on to www.dfwairport.com.
Follow DFW International Airport On: