|Over the years, Founders' Plaza has become a favorite spot for families, aviation enthusiasts and Airport employees. The Observation Area offers magnificent views of many types of aircraft as they take off and land. In addition, the plaza provides convenient parking, picnic tables, telescopes, historic information, a commemorative monument and a radio that broadcasts air traffic control communications from the FAA tower. Founders' Plaza is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Founders' Plaza personalized brick pavers are a great gift and perfect way to commemorate someone special. For only $125, you or a loved one can cement a timeless connection to Founders' Plaza. Each personalized brick is installed as a permanent part of the Founders' Plaza viewing-area walkway. |
A Certificate of Commemoration will also be included with your purchase.
For more information, email Leslie Sanders or call 972.973.5270
These are great gift ideas for Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day, Holiday gift, Graduation, Retirement, Anniversary, Birthday, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and any other special occasions.
|Founders' Plaza Brick Brochure|
|DFW's Founders' Plaza was dedicated in 1995 as a tribute to the founders of DFW Airport. Their vision was to create not only an airport, but a major economic stimulus for the entire North Texas region. Thanks to the efforts of the Airport’s owner cities, Dallas and Fort Worth, DFW employees and travelers throughout the world, the vision of DFW’s founders has become a reality.|
Founding Airport Board Members and Advisors
- Mayor R.M. (Sharkey) Stovall
Certain dimensions and features of this monument have been established to represent significant facts about the Airport. The panels are symbolic of the Airport’s general layout. The granite monument located in Founders' Plaza was funded by generous donations from the Friends of DFW, various civic leaders and community members.
- The four panels represent the Airport's four original passenger terminals.
- The 35" wide side panels represent 35 miles between Dallas and Fort Worth. The Airport's seal in the center symbolizes the Airport's central location.
- The four center panels are bound on the top and bottom by horizontal bands symbolizing the Airport’s physical relationship between Highway 114 and 183 respectively.
- The total height of the center panel is 8.11' representing the 8.11 mile length of the Airport’s property.
- The overall thickness of the monument is 17.638" representing the 17,638 acres originally contained within Airport property.