When one thinks of visiting Italy, many senses come to mind, such as the smell of fresh pasta and pizza, sounds of Italian opera voices, sights of ancient Roman ruins and the touch of real Italian leather.
We are excited to announce a new destination to add to your vacation plans for the summer season.
will launch daily nonstop service from DFW to Rome on May 5. The seasonal route will be offered during the summer travel season months of May through September. American will fly from DFW to Rome's Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport with the Boeing 777-200 aircraft.
With the new service announcement, DFW Airport continues to offer its travelers more options to connect throughout the world, with an intention to secure more destinations in Europe. American will also launch daily nonstop service to Amsterdam next month.
We have rounded up some fun facts* to keep in mind when visiting the Eternal City.
- Receiving millions of visitors every year, the Colosseum is the most famous tourist attraction of Rome.
- Modern Rome has over 280 fountains and more than 900 churches.
- Nearly 700,000 euros worth of coins are tossed into Rome’s Trevi Fountain each year. Each night, coins are collected and are donated to charity to help needy families.
- The museum, Museo Nazionale delle Paste Alimentari (The National Pasta Museum), is located in Rome and dedicated entirely to pasta.
- St Peter’s Basilica Church inside Vatican City is the largest church ever constructed.
When in Rome, we hope you’ll capture some of your favorite travel moments. Share them with us on social media on Twitter