DFW Airport’s Code, Construction, and Survey Department is dedicated to ensuring that all buildings, structures, roadways, and airfields within our jurisdiction are designed, constructed, and maintained in accordance with the highest standards of safety, accessibility, and sustainability.
Our team, who are knowledgeable in the latest building codes, quality assurance regulations, and experienced in conducting inspections and surveys to verify compliance. We also work closely with developers, contractors, and other stakeholders to provide guidance and support throughout the design and construction process. By upholding the highest standards for building code and quality, we help to ensure the safety and well-being of the people who work and visit DFW Airport.
Apply for a Permit
Click below for more information on how to apply for a permit.
Codes, Criteria, and Guidelines
- 2021 Code Amendments for Construction
- Design Criteria Manual
- Rental Car Center Design Criteria Manual
- DFW Digital Signage Standard Guidelines
- DFW Wayfinding Signage Standards & Guidelines
- Green Building Standards & Guidelines
- Construction Permit Fee Schedule
- Tool Management Plan - Construction Security Procedures