DFW Airport is committed to increasing the opportunities to involve disadvantaged, small, minority and women-owned businesses (D/S/M/WBEs) in all Airport contracting and concession opportunities. To this end, the Airport Board of Directors has adopted the business diversity programs and annual goals noted above. Policies, procedures, and contract clauses regarding these programs are incorporated into all Airport contracts.
A critical component to the success of DFW’s business diversity program is the successful partnering of DFW with area minority chambers and advocacy organizations. DFW seeks to partner with these organizations to communicate upcoming projects to the D/S/M/WBE communities as early as possible. The Airport offers various resources for D/S/M/WBE vendors seeking business opportunities with DFW and for prime contractors that may need assistance in meeting the Airport Board's D/S/M/WBE program requirements.
Technical assistance is offered through established outreach programs such as:
- “How to do Business with DFW” & Industry-specific Outreach Meetings
- Pre-bid/Pre-Proposal Meetings
- Meet & Greet appointments to introduce goods or services
- Rolling Owner Controlled Insurance Program
- Capital Assistance & Bonding Program
- Capacity Building Alliance Program (volunteer mentor-protégé program)
For assistance in understanding and implementing the Board's D/S/M/WBE Program requirements, please contact the BDDD by phone at 972 973 5500.