DFW has been recognized as the 2019 Airport of the Year award by Air Transport World (ATW), the leading media brand serving the global airline and commercial air transport industry for more than 50 years. The DFW Airport leadership team would like to extend a warm thank you to our customers and employees that have contributed to this exciting achievement and milestone.
The coveted honor recognizes DFW’s innovation in providing a world-class customer experience, global leadership in sustainability, cost effective and efficient operations, excellent partnership with airlines, and collaboration with local communities to further develop the economic benefits of aviation in the Dallas Fort Worth region.
For 45 years, the ATW Airline Industry Achievement Awards have recognized the best businesses and people in aviation. DFW joins an exclusive list of global gateway airports that have recently won Airport of the Year, including Hong Kong International Airport, London Heathrow and Singapore-Changi Airport.
In 2019, DFW anticipates serving an average of nearly 200,000 customers per day with new domestic and international destinations and nearly 1900 flights per day. In 2018, the Airport achieved several milestones. 2018 was a shining year
- Announced 28 new destinations, offering more domestic destinations than any other U.S. airport
- Announced nine new international flights, doubling its European destinations and frequencies since 2015
- Completed a $2 billion renovation and renewal of three legacy terminals
- Achieved carbon neutral accreditation for the third straight year, the largest carbon neutral airport in the world
- Lead innovation in the terminals with electrochromic glass technology, the new and improved “Experience Hub” that services our customers 24/7 and a biometric technology pilot program
To join in the conversation, share your favorite DFW Airport moments and memories with us on social media. Tag your photos and posts with #1DFW!