BERNICE J. WASHINGTON, MBA, M.T. (ASCP), CMC, is President/CEO/Owner of BJW Consulting Group LLC. She is a nationally recognized successful businesswoman with more than three decades of experience in sales, marketing and management. Washington is a retired executive from Bayer Healthcare, an International Healthcare Company. Her responsibilities included sales and marketing of more than $50 million annually of diagnostic healthcare products to key clients.
Bernice J. Washington is a veteran trustee having served on Texas Health Resources Boards for nearly 20 years and is the first woman to chair Presbyterian Healthcare Resources Board. Texas Health Resources has 24 hospitals, 20,500 employees in Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas. In addition, Washington has served on more than 18 other boards of directors holding major leadership roles on most and is a member of Women Corporate Directors and Texas Healthcare Trustees Board of Directors.
Washington is a highly regarded keynote presenter and is a faculty member at The Governance Institute and National Research Corporation. The Institute is an organization serving not-for-profit hospital and health system boards of directors, executives, and physician leadership. Bernice is a sought after television and radio talk show commentator who has been featured in magazines and news stories.
Mrs. Washington holds an M.B.A-University of Missouri (Economic Policy and Public Planning); is a Registered Medical Technologist, MT (ASCP) Research Hospital and Medical Center-Kansas City, Missouri; has a B.S. from Southern University-Baton Rouge, LA in Bacteriology/Microbiology and is a Certified Master Coach by the Behavioral Coaching Institute and is a member of The International Coaching Council (ICC).
She currently serves on the Board of Directors of:
Coveted awards bestowed upon her include:
- American Hospital Association- Regional Policy Board
- Texas Health Resources (THR): Presbyterian Healthcare Resources Trustee, Chair
- Texas Health Trustees Board of Directors
- DFW Airport Board: TRIP (Terminal Renovation and Improvement Program) Chair
- Regional Transportation Council North Texas: Former Nominating Committee Chair and Legislative Subcommittee
- The Salvation Army Dallas Advisory Board: Public Relations Committee Chair
- National Organ Transplantation Volunteer of the Year
- Trustee of the Year-Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation
- Texas Legislative “Outstanding Texan” Award
- Maura Award (Women Helping Women)
Mrs. Washington has been married to Lt. Col. (Ret) Lymon Washington, Jr. for 40 years and they have two adult children Andrea Renee and Michael Benjamin.