Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport is expecting nearly 2 million passengers to travel through the Airport during the upcoming 13-day travel period around Christmas and New Year’s Day. The holiday travel period runs from December 21 through January 2, 2013.
The busiest air travel day at DFW is expected to be Friday, December 21st, with as many as 178,000 passengers expected to pass through the Airport. The next busiest days are expected to be the days immediately after Christmas Day, namely Wednesday, December 26th and Thursday, December 27th. Travelers are encouraged to arrive at DFW Airport at least two and a half hours before their flight.
“We want to wish all of our customers a safe and joyful holiday season, and we hope to enhance that here at DFW by providing our travelers with a great travel experience,”said Jeff Fegan, chief executive officer of DFW. “We’ve been working to open some great new stores and restaurants in time for the holidays, and our great team will provide world-class customer service for everyone going through DFW.”
Inside the terminals, passengers will find a number of new amenities at DFW this year, featuring two new arrivals that just opened this week. Teavana, the world’s leading specialty tea and tea accessory retailer, opened its new location near Terminal A, Gate A16, while III Forks, a French Texas steak and seafood restaurant that brings a new fine dining experience to DFW, is now operating in Terminal D near Gate D27 on the mezzanine level.
Two more new restaurants at DFW will open next week in Terminal A. The Salt Lick Bar-B-Que and Qdoba Mexican Grill will operate at Gate A16.
This holiday season, passengers can take advantage of 1100 new parking spaces DFW Airport recently opened in the Express North parking lot. These additional spaces provide covered parking at reduced rates, complete with fast and convenient shuttle service to the terminals, including pickup and drop-off at your vehicle, a free bottle of water and a newspaper.
Also new this year, free Wi-Fi access throughout DFW’s five terminals courtesy of AT&T will keep you connected. The DFW Yoga Studio and the LiveWell Walking Path each opened in Terminal D this spring, offering passengers opportunities for some light exercise while on the go.
For all travelers, DFW has some recommendations on ways to improve your travel through the Airport:
1. Passengers can speed the security process by joining registered traveler programs such as TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry, available from the TSA and Customs respectively. To enroll, visit www.GLOBALENTRY.com.
2. Before heading to DFW Airport, passengers can find helpful travel tips at www.DFWairport.com/Travel. The web site contains directions to DFW Airport, security tips and information about the Airport’s amenities.
3. Pack smart and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
4. Arrive at DFW Airport two and a half hours early to ensure plenty of time to reach your departure gate. It will enable a stress-free travel experience and result in extra time to explore the great shopping and dining at DFW.
5. Using DFW Airport Parking is closer, faster and smarter for passengers originating from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. With Terminal, Express and Remote parking available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Passengers can learn more at www.DFWairport.com/parking.
About DFW International Airport
Located halfway between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW International Airport is the world's fourth busiest, offering nearly 1,750 flights per day and serving 57 million passengers a year. DFW provides non-stop service to 148 domestic and 50 international destinations worldwide. For five consecutive years, DFW has ranked in the top five for customer service among large airports worldwide in surveys conducted by Airports Council International. For the latest news, real-time flight information, parking availability or further details regarding the many services provided at DFW International Airport, log on to www.dfwairport.com.
Follow DFW International Airport On: